Tuesday, April 21, 2009

OMG ! OMG! by Luke

Dude. Was toolin round the green, ya?, when his Bodness manifested via the mobile. 'Cuz !' I said, turning down Elbow and waving at some chick while adjusting the hairdo. He told me to shut the fu*k up. Its a thing we do, ya know? We're like that, really.
"Listen." He goes. "You're a Lion. Don't think it means anything, cos it doesn't."
I nod, smile and give him an old thumbs up, forgetting I'm on the phone, ya? But He knows. He always knows.
"Rob is with you, isn't he?" He says then. The K-man is sitting next to me, but he's drawing his finger across his throat and shaking his head and the sweat is running off him. Its disgusting, really, but he's always like that about the Bodster. I'm just considering whether to risk a lie when the Voice comes down.
"Tell that little pissant he's made it too, and that I KNOW WHAT HE DID."
Rob can hear the last bit, and he goes green and a little whimper escapes him, the woofter. I decide to try and head this off at the pass.
" Thanks for the news, Cuz." I said. " Grand Slam winning Captain, and now captaining the Lions too, eh? You must be soooooo stoked!"
There's a click on the end of the line, and a distant rumble of thunder. Rob gets out of the car and starts running. As if that would help.

No comments:

Post a Comment