Thursday, May 28, 2009

What I Did on my HOlidays By Keith

Africa is like Kilkee only brown. It is very sunny just like in Kilkee and there are lots of Limerick people here. Well. Paulie and Me. But that is enough.
Like in Kilkee, some parts makes me feel a little homesick for Moyross. Townships they are called here, caravan parks in Kilkee. The townships look like my friend Leons' back garden with the sheds only much bigger and with African people living there.

There are no Lions here only us. No Giraffes or Elephants or Monkeys or nohin'. I asked Paulie and he said the African wild life lives in the countryside, like badgers and cows at home. I think he was pulling my leg because I seen them in my Babar books in the cities. I asked the Door man at the hotel where I could see some real wild life in the town. He smiled and said he was the man to ask. He drew me a map and all and said to ask for Queen Mama when I got there and that I would see some wild things, sure enough. Then he winked at me. I think this is an African thing. I winked at him and I said thank you and put the map in my pocket.

I will go and look for some wild life later.

No comments:

Post a Comment