Monday, June 22, 2009

Battle of the Bulls by Keith

The Bull is here ! He brought me two new bags of Chuppa chups! Specially for me! This was nice, because I have been not feeling special out here lately. But Paulie took me aside when I did not make the test team and gave me a hanky to wipe my face and made me blow my nose and told me that ''he also serves who only stands and waits''. I thought that I had been given the job of team waiter and walked around with a napkin over my arm for three hours taking drinks orders before Paulie explained it some more to me.
Anyway, waiting will be easier with Bull here. Sometimes he picks me up by my ankles and swings me around until I feel sick ! I like that. When he got here I showed him the room and asked him about Quinnie and showed him the computer games and the pool table and the table-tennis table.
Then we bumped into Phil Vickery.
" Bull ! " I said. " This is Phil. He is also called Bull! Isn't that funny?"
The room went very quiet. My Bull raised one eyebrow. Phil Vickery Bull frowned.
Then they both reached out and shook hands.
There was a rumbling noise. A large crack ran across the ceiling of the room and down one wall.
Dust fell from it. The two Bulls stood in the middle while the room shook around them.
Then it was quiet again.
"Actually Keith, " Phil said, " They used to call me Raging Bull."
He sighed.
"Used to. " He said then, and looked a bit sad.
The quiet then was what is called awkward.
My Bull reached across and laid a hand on his shoulder.
" Will again." He said. " Mr Vickery. "
"Thank you." Phil said. " Mr Hayes."

Then we went out to find Paulie.

2 comments:

  1. Choked on my tea reading this one. Well done senor loco, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, are you missin leighh ye ?

    Lauren and Rachael - wales x

    ReplyDelete