Friday, June 26, 2009

Sorry Tommy by DONNERS

Yeah, sorry about that Tommy, boy. Hands up, myself and Rog took you and Croftie's beds.
Thing is like, it wasn't actually a prank. For some reason I came over with a case of bad homesickness on Wednesday night. Face on me! And I was sittin', lookin' out the window at the rain on THursday, when ROG comes over and asks me why I'm looking like a bulldog thats licked piss of a nettle.
His colourful turns of phrase have improved no-end since he started hangin' out with the boyos.
Any, I says to him, " Rog Boy, I've got an awful case of the blues. I'm missing home, like! ".
And he goes, " Don't talk to me boy. Came over me too, Wednesday. Know what it is?"
I shook my head.
"Bonna Night, boy, Bonna Night ! "
When he siad it it all made sense. The smell of burning tyres, the yelpin' dogs, the scream of the fire-brigade sirens. Sub-conciously, or whatever, I was missin' it.
"Jayzis Rog, thats it now boy! We've missed it. "
"Well," he said. " No reason why we can't have a bonna over here, is there?"
" A Boer Bonna !"
" Spot on ! "
Well, now, as every cork feen'll tell ya, a bonna isn't a bonna without a few ol' mattresses. And sure while we were there, the bases didn't look like they'd been replaced in years. Rog insisted on folding everything before we left. He's fussy like that.
So anyway, before two long the first African Bonna was burnin' pretty well on a piece of waste ground behind the hotel. The locals got into the spirit o' the thing, too, pitched up with a few more tyres, a bit of ol' wood and about a million songs. Me and ROG did our version of 'De Banks', but we only knew those two lines that everyone knows. The locals gave us a cheer though.
Then a fire brigade came and everyone booed and whistled and ROG called them ol' killjoys and would they like to come over and fight a true corkman. Turns out they didn't have a problem with that so me and ROG had to take to our heels fairly handy and get over the fence back into the compound. It was like bein' fifteen again.
All in all, a daycent evenin' and I'm all set to go again.
So sorry, Tommy. I'll bring you to a bonna next year, it'll make up for it. I'll even through in an ol' can o' Dutch Gold. Can't say fairer than that, can I ?


http://sacramentoscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/bonfire.jpg
Our Bonna

5 comments:

  1. Sheep shaggers ? are you REAL ?
    you deformed TOOL !
    do u actually think you are funny,? why dun you ger a grip, stop writin bloggs, leave that too luke and keith !, now THEY are funny ,YOU are not.
    andd anywayy you only dun like "sheep shaggers" cos mike phillips better looking than you, call HIM a sheep shagger i dare you!

    pilchard !

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with them ^

    by the way, what is a pilchard ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. a pilac thats the way it is spelt :L

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have spoken to Mr Donners and he has asked me to apologise on his behalf. Four Nations, one cause, and all that. Post amended. Viva los Taffs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pilchard is a small pesca, si ? Por que is this an insult?

    ReplyDelete