Saturday, June 6, 2009

Rob and the Blog, By Luke

I was on my way out to work on the ol' ran-tan by the pool when I saw Rob in the corner of the hotel bar with a netbook in front of him.
"Man, " I said, " Donners is out there lashing on the baby oil and getting even browner? Why are you stuck in here like some sort of Clongowes swot-boy? "
" Chillax, man, I'll be out in a like, a sec. Just checking to see what I've written on my website?" he said.
"You have a website?" I said to him.
" Affermerino." He said. " Take a look."
I scanned it. As much as I could.
"Rob, I'm actually speechless?" I said.
" Cheers." He said.
I never actually thought I could be more bored than the two weeks I spent doing Arts in UCD, but the two minutes reading Robs blog passed more slowly than an Eddie Rockets burger through my small intestine.
"Write it yourself?" I said, to cover the awkward silence that was looming on the horizon like a friendly pocket battleship.
" Hell no." He said. " I take a more hands off approach. Talk to a fella for five minutes on the phone, he polishes it up, makes it more interesting, and posts it. Its really just a money spinning thing, anyway. Get a few bucks for the sponsorship, and it might lead to a spot on the box in a few years, the agent says. "
" The Box? " I asked.
" Yeah. How does this sound. Hookie, Popey and Kearney-ee. "
He wrote in front of him with his hands.
" Yeah, er, great." I said.
"What kind of deal you on with that blog you do?" He said. "Must be good for a few spondoolicks, eh? "
"Must it? I mean, yeah, you know, it must. My, errr, agent handles all that. "
"Cool." he siad, nodding sagely.
"Cool." I said. " If you'll excuse me, I have to make a phone call. "

2 comments:

  1. "the two weeks I spent doing Arts in UCD"

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do mean "Orts" don't you?

    ReplyDelete