Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Legal Correspondance 2

Dear Mr Fitzgerald,

I have been asked to write to you on behalf of Mr. Loco Comico of Lococomico inc..

I write in a professional capacity but pro bono and informally, as Mr Comico is a noted philanthropist, running an urban goat sanctuary from the rooftop of his office building, where young lads from deprived areas of the city get to learn vanishing skillsets such as goat herding and cheese making, thus boosting their self-esteem. You may have read about his project recently in the papers. An unfortunate incident, but then the only animal these lads see on roofs are pigeons. It was lucky that truck was passing, and I believe the driver stopped to refuel somewhere around Newry and heard the bedraggled 'baa'-ing coming from the roof of his trailer. The goat is now well on the mend.

As you can imagine I was shocked to hear you were attempting to break a formal agreement to provide content to Mr Comico's latest venture, especially as you appear to have an airtight agreement. Admittedly, I've never seen one written on a napkin from the four seasons bar before, in what appears to be blood. Nonetheless it is a contract, signed by you, and woud cost you quite a pretty penny if you tried to break it. I urgently, er, urge you to put behind you what ever little grievance you may have with Senor Comico and get on with providing the service you agreed to. Or else the 30 or 40 k you're on out there might come to seem a small and trifling sum indeed compared to your legal fees.

Believe me. I know.

Yours Sincerely,

Rodney Du Pris.


P.S., On a personal note, well done on putting the Turnip-munchers back in their place. I managed to get a ticket thanks to the good offices of an old amigo and had a great view of your try. Nearly spilled my brandy ! Huzzah ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment