Monday, June 15, 2009

Captains Speech, By Donners.

The name is Donners. Captain Donners. The Don. The Cap-don !

Ten-hut ! 'tEase !
Well, lads, I can see we've plenty to work on. Later.

Don't worry, lads, I won't be letting it change me. I'm still the hilarious, handsome, giant of a man you've all come to know and love over the last few weeks. A simple salute will be sufficient in the halls, standing to attention only necessary in group situations.

At all other times I would like you to treat me as just one of you men. Well, a man who's orders you will follow til the ends of the Earth. Or even Limerick Junction. Whichever comes last. But still a man, is my point.

I know there will be times when you will doubt your abilities to reach the high standards which I will demand of you. How, you might ask yourselves, could I possibly fill the shoes of the man who once played a game of professional rugby in his jocks ? A man who put it all on the line like that? But remember this, I wouldn't be asking any sham to do anything I didn't think he could do. Just close your eyes, picture me in my red jocks, and push on. Think of me as inspiration. An exemplar, if you will. W,W, Donners, D, if you get me. Got me? Grand!

Now, lads, drop and gimme twenty.
Euro.
Each.

Cheers!

Its good to be the Captain.

3 comments: