Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Rugby is confusing by Keith

I said to Wally last night that I had forgotten who we are playing next.

" De Lions." he said.
"But we are De Lions" I said.
"We are the British and Irish Lions, Keith." He said.
"Then who are these other fellas?" I said.
" The Golden Lions." He said.
"Should that not be the Lyons Golden Labels?" I said.
"What?" He said.
"What?" I said.
"Look, Keith. We play the Golden Lions and then we play the Cheaters." He said
" The cheaters!" I said. "Leicester? I hates them shower."
"No Keith, CheeeTAH's. Like the big cat, you know?" He said.
" No." I said.
" A cheetah is a big cat like a lion or a tiger, Keith." He said.
"So we are the Lions." I said.
"Yes Keith." He said
" And we are playing the Golden Lions." I said.
"Yes Keith." He said.
"And then we are playing the Cheetahs what are like the Lions but not Leicester." He said.
"Yes Keith." He said.
"That is a lot of Lions, Wally." I said.
"It is Keith." He said.
"Is their any team not called the Lions or any name to do with them?" I said
"There is Keith. There's the Sharks." He said.
" Sharks ! I loves Sharks, Wally." I said.
" Who doesn't, Keith?" He said
" They have so many teeth and if the loose one they grow another one and they eat everything and have to keep swimming or they drown. Fair mad, a fish who drowns, Wally !"
I said.
" That's amazing, Keith " He said. "They're like the lions of the sea."
"Yeah" I said.
I thought about Sharks for a while.
"What was I askin' you, Wally?" I said.
" If I wanted a chuppa chup, Keith." He said
" What !" I said
"Honest to God, Keith." He said.

Wally is an awful spoofer.
But I gave him a chuppa chup anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment