Saturday, June 20, 2009

Last Instructions by Quinnie

He was just showing me how to work the flatscreen and dvd in the parlour. The milking parlour, like. He shows them League of Ireland highlights on a continuous loop. Practically puts them to sleep. Slip on the old suckers and off you go.
" So let me get it straight now, Bull." Says I. " Tuesdays and Thursdays, the aromatherapist comes at 7 for the heifers and milk cows. "
He nodded.
" Wednesdays and Fridays they get acupuncture."
He nodded.
"And on Thursdays the bullocks get water therapy."
He nodded.
" And the rest of the week the physio comes to massage them. "
He nodded.
"Game ball." I said.
There were farm aid people in to do the donkey work. Bull just wanted me to watch to make sure his extras were kept up.
We were walking out when I noticed it in the corner. Its a big parlour.
"Bull!" I said. " Is that what I think it is."
He smiled shyly and nodded again.
"So you knew all along !"
He gave a waggle of his shovel like hand.
"No harm in being prepared." He rumbled.
"True enough. " I said.
I looked at it a bit longer.
"Where do you even buy a hypobaric chamber, anyway, Bull?" I asked.
He'd already moved on though.

No comments:

Post a Comment